No.113 Branding With Joie Gharrity

Monday, August 4, 2014

What Unexpected Gems Are Waiting for Your Brand?



Early in my career in Hollywood I was a script development girl. In other words I would read endless scripts daily looking for great material that my boss an Independent Movie Producer would be interested in producing.


I had a script come across my desk that at first I was not interested in reading because the synopsis read: Ben Sanderson, an alcoholic Hollywood screenwriter who lost everything because of his drinking, arrives in Las Vegas to drink himself to death. There, he meets and forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with prostitute Sera. My “gut” told me to read the script anyway and I did reluctantly.


It turned out that I feel in love with the script and genuinely felt compassion for the characters. I knew this was a “gem” and this project was going to do well. I encouraged my boss to pursue the project but unfortunately, we were not able to secure it. The project Leaving Las Vegas went on to star Nicolas Cage and Elisabeth Shue and was a big hit. Moving forward I realized the importance of keeping an open mind and following my gut. It would lead to doors of golden opportunity. 


 

As an entrepreneur being open to following your “gut” and not judging a “book by its cover” is important. There are going to be doors of opportunities that are going to cross your desk and at first glance might not look like much. 





I encourage my clients to keep an open mind while always  pulling back the red curtains and protecting their brand. To start really trusting and follow their “gut” because it can lead to so many unexpected “gems.” 



"I am committed to helping women entrepreneurs around the world leverage their unique brand in life and business to gain clarity and impact, to grow community and influence, to gain recognition and VISIBILITY for them and their brand."

No.113 BRANDING

It's all about VISIBILITY first
Founder/Principal
Joie Gharrity

No comments:

Post a Comment