No.113 Branding With Joie Gharrity

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Dream Big


In my early 20’s, I ran with a fabulous group of girlfriends in San Francisco. We were all about GLAMOUR. We draped ourselves in pearls, wore Coco Chanel perfume, and never left the house without our red lipstick.


We spent all of our dispensable income on elaborate dinner parties, buying glamorous party dresses, and getting our hair and makeup professionally done for a fabulous night out on the town. We shared our hopes and dreams with one another over cocktails.

One of our favorite topics was travel. We would talk for hours about all the places like Egypt, France and Italy that we hoped to visit.

Around that same time, my brother Gavin introduced me to his MEDITATION teacher. She taught me the importance of making meditation a daily practice. I became passionate about meditating and began my spiritual journey.

Everyday, I meditated that I was traveling to Egypt and gazing upon the great Pyramids. On my birthday that year my friends showered me with Egyptian trinkets, and books about The Nile. I was thrilled with my new treasures.

My priorities started shifting. I still enjoyed the glamorous lifestyle but I was eager to embark on a professional career.

A good friend of mine offered me a job in Los Angeles to work with an up-and-coming SCI-FI Director and his Producing team. I immediately moved to Hollywood. It was a very exciting time in my life.

A few weeks after being hired we all traveled from Los Angeles to the desert dunes of Yuma Arizona and went into production.


Arriving on the Stargate set, I was shocked and ASTONISHED seeing a seven-story high EGYPTIAN PYRAMID sitting in the middle of the dessert dunes.

The power of meditation had transcended my dream of taking a trip to Egypt. It had delivered so much more. A career in the movie business.

After several years, my daily meditation practice faded.  

It wasn’t until recently, that I bridged the events leading up to Stargate and the power of meditation.

Since returning to San Francisco I have made meditation a priority. I literally will not start my day with out first meditating. 


My DREAMS and intentions have changed since my early 20’s yet my LOVE for the element of surprise has not. I am always EAGER to see how new Pyramids are going to show up in my life and I am always grateful when they do.



"I am committed to helping women entrepreneurs around the world leverage their unique brand in life and business to gain clarity and impact, to grow community and influence, to gain recognition and VISIBILITY for them and their brand."

No.113 BRANDING

Leveraging your unique brand in life and business
Founder/Principal
Joie Gharrity





No comments:

Post a Comment